Sunday, April 5, 2009

Rock the School House

Every year, Bradfield Elementary hosts a fundraiser designed to raise money for the school and give parents a chance to party! This year's event was held at the House of Blues in Downtown Dallas last night. The theme was "Rock the School House" and parents were encouraged to dress as their favorite rock stars.

We went to a pre-party and hilarity ensued. In walks Amy Winehouse and Kip Winger.
Next up was Janis Joplin (4 months pregnant) and her rocker husband.
Other various rocker-types came though the door. It was a hoot. Randy and I were kind of lame and just dressed like groupies. For some reason I wasn't totally into the theme. And I was too lazy and cheap to go buy a new outfit. So, we just pulled stuff from our closet and made it work.

Here are some of my favorite outfits of the night:

Here is Jennifer Lopez and her twins from baby-daddy, Marc Anthony.
We had Devo.

Left: ZZ Top ......Right: Punk Rocker, Slash from Guns and Roses and a 60s protester

Disco cover band "Le Freak" brought down the house. In this clip, some of the ladies are brought up on stage to get their groove on and sing "She a Brick House". That's my friend, Julie, getting down with the base player.


I don't know the totals yet on how much money was raised, but I think it went pretty well. I know everyone had a fantastic time. I can't wait to see what next year's theme is!